2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L 3V Supercharging Systems
Pricing listed below.
|05-08 Stock||300 HP||320 lb/ft|
|05-08 Vortech Std||420 HP||385 lb/ft|
|05-08 Vortech HO||462 HP||419 lb/ft|
|2010 Stock||315 HP||325 lb/ft|
|2010 Vortech HO||492 HP||432 lb/ft|
Black Finish Systems
High-output systems are available with a black finish on the supercharger, ducting, and intercooler.
- Complete systems and tuner kits are available. The complete system boosts the stock 2010 Mustang GT to 492HP.
- Complete systems and tuner kits are available. The high-output complete systems boost stock 2005-2008 vehicles to 462HP.
- Tuner kits are available.
2010 Complete System - Included Components and Features
- Flywheel horsepower/torque:
Stock (factory rating): 315/325
- V-3 Si compressor with 3.60" drive pulley
- Manifold boost pressure: 10 psig @ redline on stock engine
- Supplied Diablosport Predator programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel. Other benefits include:
- Live data monitoring and diagnostics
- Logging capability
- Reading and resetting DTC's
- Fuel system upgrade includes:
- High flow replacement fuel injectors
- 255 lph "in-tank" fuel pump with harness. Used in conjunction with the OEM in-tank pump to provide a dual-pump configuration.
- Air inlet assembly includes:
- High-flow quality roto-molded ducts
- Silicone sleeves with stainless steel clamps
- 98 mm MAF meter housing and filter with heat shield
- Diablosport MAF interface adapter for extended meter range
- Includes replacement engine coolant pipes and hose assemblies
- Billet aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idlers, drive belt and all mounting hardware
- Charge-air cooler assembly includes:
- Molded silicone discharge elbow, Bosch compressor bypass valve, silicone sleeves and stainless steel clamps
- Charge cooler surge tank with hoses, clamps and plumbing
- High-flow Bosch water circulation pump for closed loop cooling
- Exclusive, large capacity, dual pass water cooler. Dual pass design increases effectiveness for superior cooling and improved performance, even during extended heavy throttle operation.
2010 Complete System - Important Notes
- Installation time is rated at approximately 12 hours. Download installation manual: 4FU020-010v6.2 (PDF) for full instructions.
- 2010 models require REV. N/D-11 programmer #5A003-035
2005-2008 Complete Systems - Included Components and Features
- High contact ratio, precision helical gear-driven supercharger provides nearly silent operation and unmatched reliability
- Technologically advanced, high-efficiency computer-designed impeller and housing design developed in Vortech's supercharger test cell for optimum performance
- Fuel management upgrade includes high-flow fuel pump, high-capacity fuel injectors, and DiabloSport Predator hand-held programmer to re-flash the factory processor
- Integrated air/water, dual-pass charge cooler configuration allows for additional horsepower gains and features maintenance-free design(High output systems)
- Oil feed and oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, even under sustained boost conditions
- Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps
Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
Installation time is rated at approximately 12 hours. Download installation manual: 4FU020-010v6.2 (PDF) for full instructions.
Hardware kit: 4FU100-001 includes spare/replacement bolts and other hardware for supercharger mounting.
Tuner Kits and Supercharger Options
Tuner kits are the same as complete systems except without the fuel system upgrades or ECM reprogramming. This allows for custom tuning and fuel modifications that the custom tuner or racer may prefer. Vortech has supercharger options for various types of racing or boost level. For continued use, such as road racing, the V-2 series superchargers share the engine's oiling system. This approach is more suitable for continued boost conditions and allows for the addition of an oil cooler or filter. Call the Vortech Tech Line for complete information on the many upgrades and options available.
50-State Smog Legal for Some Vehicles
Complete systems are smog legal for some 4.6L Mustangs per California Air Resources Board (CARB).
2008-2010 Systems Not Smog Legal in California
2008-2010 systems have not yet been granted an exemption by the California Air Resources Board. For these particular model years, these systems are currently legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only).
Not Smog Legal for Some 2005 Models
These systems are not smog legal in California for 2005 model year vehicles built on or before April 30, 2005. For these particular vehicles, these systems are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only).
2007 Systems No Longer Smog Legal
2007 systems produced after June 12, 2008 are not exempt. These systems are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only).